Who files my taxes for the year of my bankruptcy?

Boale, Wood & Company Ltd. will assist you with filing your taxes for the year of your bankruptcy. If you file your returns directly with the tax department, it could affect or delay any refund you receive as well as GST credits or Child Tax Benefits you may be entitled to receive.

Two income tax returns are required for the year of the bankruptcy. The pre-bankruptcy tax return covers the period from January 1st through to the date of bankruptcy. The post-bankruptcy tax return covers the period from the date of bankruptcy through to December 31st.  If you have multiple years of tax returns outstanding, we can usually file them for you provided you have all the information.  This would include all outstanding GST returns.  For more details regarding the filing of tax returns, please click here.