The Residential Tenancy Act (“RTA”) contains many rules and regulations that must be followed in all residential tenancies, including Mobile Home Parks. The rules and regulations govern:
- The form of tenancy agreements;
- Collection and retention of security deposits;
- Rent increases;
- Rent collection and eviction;
- Repairs and Maintenance costs;
- Access to the tenant’s premises;
- Mediation and Arbitration of disputes.
It is important that a tenancy agreement is obtained from all tenants. As the RTA only applies to residential tenants, a tenancy agreement clarifies the tenant’s rights and remedies available in cases of disputes.
Contact a bankruptcy trustee at Boale, Wood for additional information.